Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Five Year Blogiversary To Me!

This marks my 2,000 post on my blog.

My first post was five years ago, today, on MyDD, which was also the first post on my blog, Carrie's Bar & Grill.

In those five years, blogging has completely changed. I am a remnant of the past, to be sure, as I am still a single contributor blog, and I have had to expand my topics from the purely political to more personal.

Still, those first two years of political blogging were thrilling (see my archives if you want to really read a left wing lunatic ranting!). And I was fortunate to be nominated by MyDD for a Koufax award in 2005 for "best post." I was featured on Salon.com, thanks to Steve Benen's interest in my stuff (high five, bro), and even got a spot on AMERICAblog (even though John didn't "get" my post, LOL).

Skippy shouts out to me from time to time, FireDogLake reaches out to me for donations (and I am sure if I decide to attend a blog convention, I'll be recognized), and John Amato and I share hockey in common! I enjoy my spot on The Smirking Chimp, and my faithful readers!

Thank you, my readers, for supporting me these past five years. It's been a blast getting to know many of you (sliding a Guinness to my friend Arno). And it's been a trip discovering the topics "searched" that brought people to my blog: Warren Wiebe's death, CSI episode on Chateau Rouge, and Gretchen Wilson singing Barracuda! Oh, and of course, the annoying phrase in Lou Reed's song ... "all the colored girls go ..." search!

Who's that lady?????



Dancer I miss most.

3 comments:

Arno said...

Hats off, kudos, best wishes, a glass on me, and happy blogiversary to ya, Good Bartender!
Don't stop --- I look forward to five more years at least!

Bob said...

congrats.

Carrie said...

Thanks, guys!

My "What If God Was One Of Us" post over at Smirking Chimp is certainly raging on in the comments section. in about 24 hours I've had 571 reads with 28 comments, and six ratings. Four more ratings and I go on the "requested" list!

Actually, though, it's been a blast doing this blog, and I give a H/T to Bob for giving me that "nudge" five years ago when I was hesitant to do the blog "thing."

And even though I am not totally on the political scheme of things 100%, most know where I stand politically such that I do have room to make it more personal.

I've been drinking Guinness all week, so here's a toast to all of you!