Monday, April 26, 2010

Hooray For Hollywood


Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner on Monday donated the last $900,000 sought by a conservation group for a land purchase needed to save the famed vista of the Hollywood sign from being spoiled by development.


Having lived most of my life in this part of town, I can remember when the Hollywood sign was lit up every night. The fact that the sign was going to actually be replaced by development really pissed me off. I can see it from my bedroom, and have grown up with it all around me. I used to take my daughter up to the area and we'd have lunch looking at the sign. I've even jumped the fence and walked up the path right up to the letters themselves (which are seriously huge).

To have this gone would be a travesty to what is officially known as Hollywood.

High five to Heff. Gonna have to go out and get me a Playboy mag just to give back to the coffers.

No comments: