Friday, April 09, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me - In Snow Capped Mountains Of Oregon

My breakfast in the room!

Traveling through the mountains in Oregon, where there is still plenty of snow, as you can see. We left Klamath Falls this morning, when I was awakened by a telephone call from Zaire, my grandson, at 7:30 a.m. wishing me a happy birthday. Couldn't fall back to sleep, even though I went to bed at 1 a.m.

Had a wonderful dinner last night, and took what was left of my bottle of wine to my room. Chatted online with a few people, listened to music on my headset, and eventually went to sleep. I ordered breakfast in my room, with espresso (eggs, sausage and potato wedges. There's zero wireless reception up here in the mountains, so I'll post this when we get down from the "hill."

I've made reservations for the wine tasting this afternoon, again, this time Washington wines will be featured (yesterday we did the Napa Valley California wines).

We are stopped for a short while in Eugene, which is why I probably have a signal.

2 comments:

Arno said...

Happy Birthday, Good Bartender! And many more!

Carrie said...

hey, in seattle now. drunk off my ass, but it's my birthday ... gonna drink bacardi on my birthday... LOL