Thursday, April 08, 2010

In Oakland

Just finished up dinner. Great steak, by the way. Had mashed potatoes instead of baked. Bought a bottle of wine from the wine tasting earlier from golfer Greg Norman's vineyard, so had that with dinner. I offered a glass to my table but the only drinker drank white whine, so I have the whole bottle to myself for the evening to enjoy.

Traveling by train is a unique experience. There is more time to get to know people, and I think I actually made a new girl friend (whose mother is 86 and is as mean as my mom was so we bonded in that weird way when two people know how really mean their mother is in real life). We sat for an hour after dinner just chatting. I have cards made out for Carrie's Bar & Grill and I give them to people, so expect some newcomers to my blog leaving comments!

It's dark, so no new pictures for tonight. I might find some cool songs on YouTube, who knows. It's still early for me, only 10ish. Having the porter wake me up in the morning with breakfast. I think he likes me, cuz when I asked him to bring breakfast and coffee, he already knew what room I was in, and this is a long train (tee hee).

Linda is already in Ashland Oregon damn they're driving fast! She said she's taking her time coming home from the wedding to stop at places, but they are booking it to Seattle.

Until later ...

2 comments:

Tony said...

Happy Birthday Carrie.

Carrie said...

Thank you, Tony. I am officially 58. Will have to change my profile!