Wednesday, April 07, 2010

So Much To Blog About, So Little Time!

I find that AMERICAblog and Crooks and Liars tend to have the same stories up, so, as far as politics go, my input on the happenings of the past week aren't really significant. I don't have a strong statement to make, although the revealing video of the Italian journalist confirms my theory in a post I did at that time. With almost 2,000 posts to wade through tonight, I don't have the time to search out my comments, but back then (2007) and earlier, I was most certainly of the view that journalists were being personally targeted, and that these killings were not accidental.

I am off for my trip tomorrow morning, and am packing and making sure I have everything, and that my suitcase doesn't weigh more than 50 pounds! (I keep putting it on the scale to make sure).

Anyway, got my books, my diary, my computer, speakers, of course clothes (and raincoat, boots and umbrella!) and toiletries all ready to go. Even though the suitcase does not come close to 50 pounds, it is still heavy as shit to carry. Thank goodness it has wheels, and a handle.

Once I get settled on the train, and am off on the road, and taken care of any emergencies at work (laughs), I'll start to take pictures and blog a bit.

2 comments:

Arno said...

My next-door neighbors are from Oregon and Washington and they go on and on about how remarkable the Northwest is.

Good safe travel, keep us posted as you can.

Carrie said...

I'm having a blast, Arno. Even took my bottle of wine back to my room and enjoyed the evening chatting online and listening to music on headset. Fell asleep about 1 a.m.