Sunday, April 04, 2010

The Lord Of The Rings

I finally watched the last of the three movies tonight, and cried my eyes out!

I read the Hobbit and then the trilogy while in Hawai'i back in 1978. I had the good fortune to read all four books in one week, 7 to 8 hours a day, and I lived in "Middle Earth" while at the same time living in a paradise on earth, so to speak.

Over the years, many people tried to turn the Hobbit and the trilogy into movies and television specials, but no one did it like Peter Jackson did. He had a vision, and yes, it took three movies to tell the story that was in those four books. If you were able to get past the first 100 pages of The Hobbit, you were definitely into Middle Earth (because those first 100 pages are boring as shit!).

I still don't own the last of the three movies (just the first two) but am definitely going to finally purchase it, and one day, just for the hell of it, watch all three of them in a row.

I almost named my daughter Galadriel (the character played by Cate Blanchett), but I was afraid most people would not even know how to pronounce it.

No comments: