Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!


Since I am leaving in a few days for Seattle, I declined having my grandson for Easter this weekend. My daughter decided not to do anything for him, which I sort of felt bad about. Then she called me and asked me if I wanted him today, but I told her that it was too late, I didn't have time to go out and get the Easter goodies for him. I suggested she call some of her friends that do the church thing and always like to take him. She had a photo shoot to go to, so she needed a "babysitter." I'll call him later, and if he didn't have that great of an Easter, I'm going to tell him the Easter Bunny stopped off at my house by mistake and left him some goodies. Then, haha, I'll go on Monday and buy some things for HALF PRICE and have them here for when I see him next, which will be the 16th of April.

I'm nervous about the trip. My only problem aside from my high blood pressure is that I have panic attacks (not to be confused with anxiety) and they come out of nowhere. Right now I'm stressing my suitcase will weigh more than I can put on the train ... but I actually have no idea how much it weighs, yet I'm stressing. Pretty silly, but that's what the valium are for!

I'm bringing home my scale from work, putting the suitcase on it empty just to see how much it weighs, and then go from there. I'm also stressing over cleaning the house for the house sitter. My kitchen floor is a mess, and I don't even want to look at the microwave! I actually bought one of those Mr. Clean sponges to clean the microwave, it's that despicable!

I think once I get ON the train (and my bag makes it through-they don't count make-up bags, purses and computer bags as part of the luggage limit), so I should be able to put all my make-up and hair stuff in one smaller bag, and truth be told, the little computer actually fits in my purse!

Oh, and we had a 6.9 (updated to 7.2) earthquake here just about an hour ago. I didn't feel it as I was in the grocery store, but it apparently was centered in Baja. My friend Linda called here relatives down in Mexico, but they said nothing toppled, everything was alright. Here at my house, I didn't notice anything moved, not even a bottle tipping over or any of my glasses fallen off the shelves. Pictures still hanging straight on the walls, etc.

Anyway, hope all those that do the church thing had a wonderful sermon (except those Catholic hypocrites, get over it already and fucking apologize for the abuse and stop trying to say it's not pedophilia but homosexual acts of a few priests ... give me a break!), and for those with little children, hope the youngins' had fun finding the eggs and eating the candy!

4 comments:

Tony said...

Best way to clean the microwave is distilled white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl, micro on high for 2 minutes then wipe the inside clean with a paper towl. I've watched my cleaning lady do it and it works great. As for your trip, have a blast and please give Linda and Eddie my best. I'm sure you will love Seattle, it's a city right up your alley.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the tip. The Mr. Clean sponge worked miracles, cleaned the microwave with each swipe of the sponge. I was very much surprised it just got the grime off immediately.

Bob said...

I took a train to Montreal is the company of woman who had anxiety about trains. I love trains. She was nervous all the way there - scenic ride up the Hudson & alomg Lake Champlain - the train ran late, & then a bomb scare in the Montreal station kept the train stuck outside town for about 3 more hours. She was having fits.

Carrie said...

I actually love trains as well. I have been riding the route from Los Angeles to San Diego since 1975, more than 30 years. I have, however, not taking any other trains, so this trip will be my first.

I drove to Montreal with a friend when I made my very first trip to NYC as an adult, in 1990. We rented a car, tried to get a convertible, and they laughed at us at the rental place!

We stayed two weeks in Newburgh, and took the train into Manhattan every day, except for the four day weekend trip to Montreal. Fortunately for us, we had a friend who lived there, and spoke French, so we didn't have difficulty with the locals at all.