Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Day In The Park With Zaire


Zaire and I spent some time at this cool park near where we live, and he and some of the boys put this baby turtle on one of his plastic boats and set it out in the pond. The turtle eventually walked off the boat!






This is Zaire and kids and people he met today while at a local park. Zaire brought his plastic boats that he floats in his bathtub (he had four of them) so he shared them with the other boys playing. They had a great deal of fun. There is a picture of a small waterfall set up, and they would launch the boats up there, and watch them smash up while falling down into the pond.

The pond is filled with Koi fish and little and large turtles. It is also watched by video security, as we found out later when a security guard came out to let us know we were NOT allowed to touch the turtles!

Later, Zaire and I played ball. He has a league style glove, but I had to catch by hand, so we used a baseball, not a softball, but it was a tad softer than a real baseball, so I could catch by hand. Damn, I'm still good! I can catch one handed too! But, Zaire surprised me by being very good with the glove, and throwing back to me right on target.

No comments: