Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Best Party In Seattle











I spent the afternoon with some friends of Linda from her early days in Los Angeles that have moved up here (the two girls, yes, they are a couple). This is their fabulous house, and they had about a dozen people over and we had all this incredible food and wine and tequila shots all afternoon. I made fast friends with everyone, and the girls (one works for Microsoft duh LOL) and when the found out how much music I had on this little puter, one brought out a portable hard drive and started downloading the crap out of my puter, till my battery finally died!

One of the guys there (the son of one of the older ladies my age, he was like a tad older than my daughter) went to college in Hawai'i and spent some time on the islands. He actually hates it there, is about 1/16 Hawai'ian and the rest Portuguese, and so they downloaded all the Hawai'ian songs so they could bug him. Of course the one girl is Mexican (lots of Spanish spoken today) and they (her mother and her) remembered me from all the parties I went to at Linda's parents' house off of Vermont Ave. and Washington, in Los Angeles. So, of course, they also downloaded all my Mexican and mariachi songs, but pretty much everything, like Frank Sinatra, my doowop, Journey, hard rock/heavy metal, zydeco, and a bunch of stuff. Speaking of zydeco (which is Louisiana music) when we got to talking about Katrina and New Orleans, they said the real damages were in Mississippi, and they downloaded some of those pictures from New Orleans, over 300 of them! I feel like I have actually been there.

After the afternoon we hooked up with the groom and Linda's ex Steve and his wife, Lisa, and other family for dinner (I had lobster) and then the "boys" went out for their bachelor night, and we old farts came back to the hotel. I am not sleepy by a long shot, got a nice bottle of wine, listening to my music with headset and blogging.

The girls whose house I took the above pictures are coming to L.A. in June, and we've already made arrangements to hang out at my place and do the Los Angeles thing.

Maybe we'll go over to the Criminal Minds set, and I can get a smooch from my new sweetie (LOL).

No comments: