Sunday, February 07, 2010

And, So, After The Super Bowl ...

So, after the SUPER BOWL YEAH SAINTS game, I watched that undercover boss show.

I find the show to be a sort of counter balance to the constant mantra that corporations are out of touch with regular people. This is a show not directed toward regular people, except for a way to vent about corporate ownership, not to mention their disgusting "leadership."

Corporate elitist rarely watch television of the entertainment variety. I wonder if there is a way to determine how many corporate CEO's stayed on CBS to watch this show.

I think the most interesting part is the "department" heads ... a lot are ok, but a great many are boobs.

Funny that the best multi-tasker was a woman in a lesser position as the "heads."

4 comments:

Tony said...

Now Carrie, you cannot possibly believe that show is not scripted. The whole thing is a set up to make the regular believe the CEO's are in touch with the regular people. Do you know how many dolts are going to believe that a time docking remedy and promotions came from a 60 minute "reality" show. Not to mention how they palyed the race card, by having the black guy fire Larry. Please, the show is a joke.

Carrie said...

You are way off base here, Tony. I simply said I found the show to kind of counter balance a certain meme about corporations. It's no different in entertainment value than Donald Trump's show. My only real point was that actual CEO's were not the target audience, and that I found it funny that the most prominent hard worker was a woman. Plus I was curious if any real CEO's had stayed tuned because it followed the Super Bowl, which gives the show a great follow through audience, but I didn't think there was a way to find out such information.

So, save your "tsk tsk" for something more deserving. It was just a tv show, and there's nothing in my post that implies I thought it was an earth shattering reality corporate game breaker!

Tony said...

Oh it wasn't a tsk tsk at all. It was a tongue in cheek agreement with you. I wonder how many of the target audience bought that Larry was really undercover. I mean give me a break, that woman invites teh newby over for dinner on the first day and he shows up with a TV crew. Yep that's real. I can't believe you are so clouded by our different political views, that you couldn't see I was confirming your view that CEO's were not the target audience. GEEZE!

Carrie said...

I didn't see the comment as tongue in cheek, but if you say it was, so be it. It seemed you were taking me to task for "believing" the show.