Saturday, January 09, 2010

What I Did Today

First off, I slept until noon -- hurrah for me. Except there were two wild card football games playing today, 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Only the Jets/Cinci game concerned me, because if Cinci won, at some point, my Chargers might have to play them, and I already have NON fond memories of the infamous Freezer Bowl game. Glad the Jets won.

So, at around 2 p.m. I decide to hop the Dash bus (25 cents) to go to the Farmer's Market for chili at Johnny Rockets. While waiting for the bus, my neighbor was getting gas at the station where I was waiting ... offered me a drive to the Farmer's Market (and, later on, I figured given the mileage vs. the cost of gas/bus, that it was more expensive for him to give me the ride, by about 25 cents LOL). I wanted to see if my Bacardi rum was cheaper at CVS, knowing I could take the Dash back to Smart & Final where I know the damn huge ass bottle is only $16.45 (while a regular fifth costs $14.95 elsewhere). Since I took a pay cut to keep on my most experienced lawyer at the office, I have to cut back, so smack me if I'm looking to stock up on my liquor at a cheaper price!

I bought two bottles, and walked home. Took a break, then hopped the 212 bus at about 3:30 p.m. headed to Hollywood to put money on my pre-paid credit card at the usual Western Union One Stop Shopping Center (and also got next week's pre-paid bus pass).

I actually caught the same female bus driver going home as I got getting to Western Union. Hollywood was backed up for a long time because some Japanese hard rock band was filming a video (well, I can't swear they were Japanese, some one on the bus said they were, but on the way back, where filming was in full force and effect, the band was singing in English, and the drummer was not Japanese, as far as I could tell from the video posted high above the shooting).

It took us half an hour just to go about one mile thanks to the video shoot, but it was fun chatting up the bus driver. She was bitching at one point about how she hates driving and the traffic, and then I reminded her she had a union, benefits, and a decent salary, and she was like, thanks for bringing me out of my funk!

I then stopped off at Ralphs about two blocks from home, did most of my weekly shopping (sans booze, but still three bags, one over the shoulder, and two holding, and yes, I have those reusable ones from Walgreens, except I do have one kind of expensive foldable from Nordstroms that cost me ten times as much as my other bags LOL) and walked home.

Then I watched some Dallas/Philly football, but after the first half, I switched to The Mighty Ducks movie (see previous post) and had my epiphany re hockey. Funny, this year, I passed on purchasing Center Ice from my cable provider, and I have actually not watched one single game all year long, except for the New Year's Day outdoor game, where they announced the USA Hockey Team players.

USA Hockey Team ... ah, remembering where I was in 1980 (sigh).

2 comments:

Bob said...

No Bacardi at CVS in Jersey. Only drugs. Convenient Ralphs. Jets will have a harder time of it next week,

Carrie said...

Yeah, Jets will be hosted by San Diego, and we all know who I am rooting for!