Sunday, January 17, 2010

San Diego Chargers Suck

UPDATE: 12/3/10 Since I'm getting a number of hits off of searching "Chargers Suck," I would like to advise readers of the following pieces since I wrote this post, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Well, my Chargers sucked it big time today. I didn't even watch the fourth quarter as I was sure they were not going to win. If they couldn't get shit done, and led by 7-3 at the half, against the lowly Jets, for goodness sake, then obviously they had analyzed the game all wrong. Why the fuck were they running the ball, when Tomlinson was gaining ZERO yards a carry? Where was the passing game?

Being a Charger fan is a lot like being a Cubs fan ... every year ends in agonizing disappointment.

And, now, there's not a team I can really root for except for the Vikings, and that is only because of Favre.

I may even NOT watch the Super Bowl ... at this point, not even hearing the Who lip sync could make me watch it.

Gonna drown my sorrows in a lot of rum tonight.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Root for the underdog.

The Jets had the best defense in the AFC. We knew it here. The Chargers knew it at halftime. They let the Jets hang around. The game reminded me of the Giants beating Buffalo in Superbowl XXV - just enough points to win, too many missed field goals by Bills.

Carrie said...

The Chargers had/have the best offense. Calling running plays that got us 1 to zero yards vs. pass plays was what pissed the home crowd off. If the Chargers played by their regular game plan, the Jets would have been history. Oh well. I'm pretty sure LT (Tomlinson, not Taylor) will not be wearing the bolt next season. That sucks. Kind of like the best quarterback ever not to play in a superbowl (aka Dan Fouts).

Bob said...

I did hear some first half boos from the hometown crowd, probably aimed more at the coach than the team, they didn't like what they were seeing.