Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year, Oh, And Ice Hockey Outdoors At Fenway!


Ice hockey outdoors ... as it should be.


Flyers vs. Bruins at Fenway Park. Practice skate looked awesome. It's funny so see the players with wollen caps on their head instead of their hockey helmets. Yesterday it snowed, and the pictures showing the ice were awesome. They had a funny shot of the caveman clearing the ice new the Geico board advertisement ha ha ha! And Dropkick Murphys singing before the game starts, yeah, baby!
Happy New Year to everyone.


Last night we celebrated, as I do every year, on the New York timeline.I am a big web cam viewer and NYC has the best Times Square webcams. Every year they televise live across the world, and since we all watch the NYC Times Square ball anyway, just at midnight (yawn), watching it on the computer screen felt like we were sitting in the Marriott Hotel watching from the warmth of our room at the festivities outside.

We had giant crab legs for dinner, wore funny hats, had horns and blowers, and poppers with confetti for later (plus that damn silly string my grandson is in love with). With the ball dropping, we all counted down, popped the champagne (the kid had the usual Martinelli's non-alchoholic drink). It is more fun to celebrate the coming of the new year live with New Yorkers, although I am sure my neighbors were not sure why everthing was going off at 9:00 p.m.!

I had my grandson and my best friend, Linda, (her boyfriend was home in Chicago and couldn't be here and her son lives in D.C., while my daughter was out partying) here. Being almost 60, it's not like I have a strong drive to go "out" on New Year's eve, especially since I have under my belt a shitload of memories from when I did go out and celebrate!

























Now, to clean up the mess! Damn, that silly string sticks to the floor and walls. I'm going to have to wash everything after I vacumn. I thought about cleaning last night and decided to leave it ... next time, I'll clean up right after!















No comments: