Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who Reads My Blog, And Why?

I started my blog five years ago. Over that time, about 15,000 views have been recorded. That's not a whole lot when compared to, say, DailyKos, or AMERICAblog, but for someone with no street creds in the blogosphere, the numbers are not too shabby.

Because I use a program called Sitemeter (I also have StatCounter), I am able to identify certain information about those that view my blog.

I have discovered that there are about 50 regular readers of my blog, and probably 10 of them are people I actually know. The other 40 are mysteries to me. I don't know who they are, why they choose to read my blog, how they found me, etc.

It was nice that in response to my Glee episode post, and comments that followed, one of my readers gave me input as to why he/she reads my blog, how they found it, what they like about it, and whatnot.

For the record, I really would appreciate comments from the other 39 of you (LOL) that are regular readers as to why you like the blog, how you found me, and all that good stuff!

No comments: