Monday, May 25, 2009

My 6 Year Old Grandson Running Some Of The 2009 L.A. Marathon!

Every year the Los Angeles Marathon runs right in front of my apartment. Well, except the last two years, which were hell for my grandson and I to get to, so we could keep up the tradition of him running a few blocks in it (since he was 2 years old).

Anyway, this year, it was held on Memorial Day instead of the first Sunday in March, and the route was pretty much as it used to be. Although, I heard that the new owner of the marathon (who also owns the Dodgers) is planning on making the route start at Dodger Stadium and end up at Santa Monica, so that may be the end of being able to walk outside and pull up a chair and watch the runners, not to mention the ease of having my grandson participate. Sigh.


2 comments:

Bob said...

There he goes...

Carrie said...

We got to watch the leaders, both men and women, pass by before the "pack" showed up. He ran two sections, and was worn out. The first video was shit, and I had to rely on this last video. I forgot how to find the zoom feature, ha ha, my bad. Some cop tried to give me lip and tell me Zaire was "interferring" with the race. I seriously was about to go off on her, but just ignored her, told her we lived here, and that he runs it every year, and I walked away from her while she was still talking to me. I edited that part out of the video. Zaire was exhausted after running what was close to a mile, even though he did it twice in half mile intervals. He is, after all, only 6!