Sunday, August 10, 2008

Masanga, Marimbas And Assorted Music On An Afternoon Stroll



I took my grandson out for lunch at Johnny Rockets at the Farmer's Market area. After we finished, he wanted to walk through the marketplace to where the Grove is. It reminded me of a smaller version of Universal City Walk.

Up ahead, I heard some live marimba music, and we stumbled upon the group playing above. It is a band called Masanga, and they play Zimbabwean marimba music. They were good, and I actually purchased their CD.

Then Zaire and I cruised the rest of the walkway, where we encountered a light jazz trio, who were later accompanied by a vocalist.



They were a very relaxing band on a rather nice afternoon in Los Angeles. Zaire was into the water statues surrounding the area, and got himself totally wet.



Then he lay down on the grass to dry out.

We topped the afternoon off with Zorbeto's from Starbucks.

Ah, the life of leisure in Los Angeles.

No comments: