Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shake and Bake, er Quake

We shaked and quaked today. Nothing big for those of us that have been through the Sylmar quake in the early 1970's, the Whittier Narrows in 1987 and the Northridge shaker. Only a 5.4, which to me was nothing much to write home about.

But, what was very peculiar to me, was the fact that the management company of about 30 to 35 buildings in Koreatown here in Los Angeles, ordered their buildings evacuated! I was livid, and the last one to actually leave my building, only to see thousands upon thousands of people ON THE FUCKING SIDEWALKS AND STREETS in front of high rise office buildings!

Fortunately, I've contacted the Los Angeles Fire Prevention Bureau, and arranged for this particular management company to get a new training course in how to properly handle high rise buildings during/after an earthquake.

By the way, the local news indicated the only injuries in the local Los Angeles area (the epicenter was in Chino Hills, not in my area) were three individuals in the 3000 block of Wilshire Blvd. (my area) who were trampled by others that were "evacuating" their building.

Stupidity still amazes me.

No comments: