Sunday, May 04, 2008

Stanley Cup Playoffs



Is there anything more exciting than overtime in hockey Stanley Cup playoffs? HELL NO!


I've been watching the Stars and Sharks game 6, as the Sharks try to stave off elimination. First overtime in the books, writing this as I wait for second overtime.


I became a Shark fan after I was a Kings fan, based on Wayne Gretzky's move to Los Angeles, and the expansion allowed in California. I went to a few games at the Cow Palace before the Sharks moved to their "tank." I was even wearing my Shark T-shirt!


Hopefully, I can end this post with a yeehaw cuz the Sharks won, bringing the series even and a game 7 coming up.


I love hockey!


PS - Did I say I am NOT a Dallas fan?

Part II - Waiting for Third Overtime ...
Part II - Waiting for Fourth Overtime ...
Part III - 69 minutes and some seconds ... did I say I am NOT a Dallas fan? Sharks lost. I need more booze.
Part IV: Update 5/5/08
This from the San Jose Mercury News:
The game lasted so long, you half expected Jeremy Roenick to become a great-grandfather before it was done. One of sport's bromides is that there is nothing like an overtime NHL playoff game. And this one held to that standard.
It is true. Overtime in hockey is the most exciting thing to watch in all of sports, as far as I am concerned, and last night's game was what hockey is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems you can't pick a winning team in sports or politics. Keep blogging!