Thursday, March 29, 2007

Who's Reading Carrie's Blog?

It's always fun to review the data obtained by Site Meter for the blog. Those that post know that you leave a trail at each site that gives your IP address, the city you are in, the referring link and what the search words were. I am always amazed that I get hits from Asia, of all places, that find me using the search words Warren Wiebe, on whom I did a post.

The ones that really give me the willies, though, are the government IP addresses. Like the one last night from Alexandria, VA, using a pentagon.mil IP address! The search words? Opinion Research Business. You remember them. They are the group that polled and published the report that everything in Iraq is just rosy, that Iraqis prefer the now to the then under Sadaam, etc., which poll I debunked here.

I have had hits from senate.gov, which is still not quite as scary as from pentagon.mil!

UPDATE: Another hit from the same pentagon.mil, with the same search words. That's two days in a row. Should I be nervous?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gonna get locked away with no key. Bushy don't F around

Anonymous said...

I thought the search word would be Shania Twain

Anonymous said...

The hits from senate.gov were senators trolling for underage gay interns.

Anonymous said...

BTW would you happen to know any? Got any numbers? just out of curiosity, you know

Anonymous said...

A senate / intern dress up role play shindig might be kinda fun....

Anonymous said...

Dang these blog sights are boring as f---

Anonymous said...

Time to go find doowopbroad

Anonymous said...

I'll take T&A over politics anyday

Anonymous said...

This fella needs an old school hockey chat room

Bob said...

Senate.gov could be a bureaucrat goofing off or someone on Bernie Sanders' staff. But I figure government computers are always hard at work automatically searching seditious word combinations & recording where they are located.