Thursday, February 22, 2007

Switch, Damn It!

So, to sum up: I hope Lieberman switches because A) it would be advantageous for Democrats in the long-term B) it wouldn’t hurt Democrats or progressives in the short-term, if Senate Democrats developed the spine to filibuster horrible nominees (admittedly an "if") and C) while he already is politically irrelevant in terms of actual power, Lieberman’s switch would, finally, make him widely perceived as irrelevant, meaning that he would cease to have any effect on the national debate and that his melting, Emperor-from-Star-Wars face would stop appearing on my television set and freaking out my dog, Monty.


I totally agree. Read the entire piece.

I was thinking the same thing before I went to Sirota's blog. I mean, what the fuck, anyway, right? Go ahead, Lieberman, switch it. We still have Pelosi, which you can never take away or affect. And you will succeed in making yourself totally irrelevant for the rest of your limited career. So, I'm all for it, Lieberman. Switch, damn it!

No comments: