Monday, February 26, 2007

"The blogosphere isn't just 'The Situation Room' with swear words..."

I tried to explain this as delicately and clearly as I could: A-list polemicists are popular because they say things you don't hear on television. The blogosphere isn't just "The Situation Room" with swear words, it's a space for writers to explore ideas that are outside the bounds of mainstream discourse.

Great statement, and oh, so very true. Read more of why Lindsay Beyerstein turned down blogging for Edwards (before they hired Amanda and Shakes). H/T tristero.

That is precisely what attracts me to blogging ... the fact that you can pretty much say anything you want to. I prefer a political slant to my saying anything I want to, but I also enjoy commenting on music from time to time.

I was disappointed that the bloggers did not work out for the Edwards campaign. I agree, however, with Lindsay's point that the campaign should have gone after the likes of Matt Stoller and others.

1 comment:

Bob said...

When you write for a politician, you're a flack. Your job is to get the candidate elected, period. I've done a little of that kind of writing & sometimes it was even enjoyable. Stoller sells himself as a pro at it, & he is, so he never goes out to the edge in his own blog.