Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ooops, Here We Go Again


"In my judgment, the best way to stop the violence is to understand why the violence occurred in the first place," Bush said. And that's because Hezbollah has been launching rocket attacks out of Lebanon into Israel and because Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers."

Um, not!

If the statement is that understanding the root of the violence would assist in stopping it, Bush's example is not going to fly.

I've avoided any comment on this over the past couple of days, but let's just say that I took my side on this issue back in 1967 (when I was 15 years old) and Israel went to war with Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Then it took over the land in the West Bank, the Golan Heights and the Gaza Strip.

And that is where the argument continues to lie today.

As usual, the western press has failed to note that Israel creeps into Lebanon all the time and kidnaps fighters and civilians alike.

No comments: