Friday, April 29, 2005

So it's Spring and the weather is glorious. Gone are the short, dark and dreary days of Winter. Here are the long and glorious days of spring with all the flowers blooming and cool breezes blowing at night.

It's also the time of year when I bring out my fabulous collection of flip-flops.

Ok and let's just discuss this for a minute. In my day, a flip-flop was a thong. We wore thongs to the pool. We wore thongs to the store. We wore thongs everywhere. And when you said, "I got a new pair of thongs", people didn't snicker at the idea that you were talking about underwear.

I am pretty ticked off at this generation for taking a word of my youth and turning it into a description of a piece of butt floss. I want my thongs back, damnit.

From Diary of The Food Whore

No comments: