Friday, April 29, 2005

The Not Quite Ready For Prime Time News Conference

The Cunning Realist has the best overall take of Dumbya's speech last night.

Maybe CBS and NBC were right to end their coverage of the President's news conference early. Maybe after about thirty minutes, the network switchboards were inundated with phone calls from desperate mouth-breathers complaining that they were hearing nothing new, and they wanted to get back to important stuff like Survivor and The Apprentice. I've read that even Fox cut away early to cover Paris Hilton, although I can't confirm that since I last watched Fox about a month ago as
I discussed here
, and I only check in there a few times a year. Maybe the networks and their viewers instinctively understood. Indeed, what did we hear that was new?

No comments: