Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas At Grandma's House 2010, With Zaire


Well, I was able to have Zaire and Mercedes for a few hours at my house for Christmas day. Some friends stopped by. Here is Zaire unwrapping his presents from Santa, which included an IPod Shuffle.


This is Mercedes and Zaire resting after all the presents had been unwrapped and we were just settling down and watching a little television.


This is Zaire and Mercedes working out these lighting finger thingies. They are like little flashlights you put on your fingers and they direct this blue light.

As Christmases go, this was not one of my favorite. Zaire was low key. It was as if he knew something was amiss, but there was nothing he could say or do about it. He even failed to hang out in his own room -- like he didn't want to go there, or remember it. I was kind of hurt, but nothing a little rum and coke couldn't wipe out after we dropped Zaire back off to the pretend family's house.

I know there's a little game playing going on, and just cuz I can be an ass, I am. I am refusing to let him have his PSP or his computer with him while he is at the pretend family's house. First, I don't trust them and these are expensive items. Secondly, they have a Wii, so let him play with that. I did get him a new PSP game, which he played pretty much the entire time at the house, until it became annoying to his mom, me and everyone else!

It was still nice to have him around, but so many people wanted a "piece" of him to hug and love, and as usual, I just stepped back. It was more sad for me than happy.

My only small comfort is that the idiot pretend family, the deadbeat dad, and apparently his attorney, think trial is January 5. Dumb asses. 1/5/11 is just a "trial readiness" conference. Trial is January 20. I sure hope Zaire's dead beat dad bought a ticket for January 5, though, ha ha ha. Hope it's not refundable, and it will cost a shitload to change.

On the downside, since the court ordered temporary custody to the dead beat dad, as of December 31, Mercedes' welfare is cut off. On the upside, the County of Los Angeles has sued the dead beat dad for $470 a month in child support starting January 1, 2011. Hope he got a good lawyer, or, better yet, just starts paying child support. Mercedes said her food stamps will not be affected, and there is a general program for short term relief she can apply for, because that money that has now been taken away from her pays for 90% of her rent.

Still, I had Zaire here for Christmas, and that was my wish. Now I am working on having him here for New Year's Eve. Wish me luck. Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday.

No comments: