Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Tonight, You Belong To Me" On Ukelele

Note at the beginning of this video, the camera zooms in on the inside of the ukelele. This is one of the ukes that my family makes, and the name CK stands for my grandmother, Clara Kelly. She's the one that taught all of us grandchildren to play the instrument, when she lived in Hawai'i and we would visit in the summers. My aunt started manufacturing the ukelele's a while back. They come with a zipper cloth holder/case, and a tuner, a pick, and a small screwdriver (for tightening when tuned).

Anyway, I gave one of these to this guy who is playing below. He was one of the teachers at the music school where I had Zaire learning to play piano. He taught drums, bass, bass guitar, guitar and some other things. I felt compelled to give him one of the ukeleles, and at the time I gave it to him, he did not know how to play it.

Here he is maybe, what 18 months later, and not bad. Plus the promo on the CK info is cool (grins).

The song is "Tonight, You Belong To Me" from the movie "The Jerk" which Steve Martin sang in and played a uke.

No comments: