Friday, June 25, 2010

Critical Mass, 6th St., Los Angeles, June 25, 2010

Every last Friday of the month, bikers from all over the world amass and ride. They are known as Critical Mass. I took a video two years ago, at a staging area before they took off. Over the years, there have been two major ones that have gone down 6th street in front of my apartment building. The last one, they all turned left on La Brea heading up to Hollywood.



There have been a number of incidents with these events, some including police officers that intentionally trip the bicyclists, and some have even been caught on tape and posted on YouTube.

Tonight was something visually stunning, and I wish I had put new batteries in my video camera. This group that was going down 6th Street (and remember, they do not YIELD TO STOP SIGNS OR LIGHTS, THEY MAKE THE CARS HAVE TO STOP AND YIELD TO THEM) they were accompanied by cops on bikes, cops on motorcycles and some cops in patrol cars as well as unmarked cars. This was also the largest one I've seen, it took a full five minutes to get past my house. Must have been a few thousand bicycle riders.

Nice to see our men in uniform for once standing up and supporting people over cars!

No comments: