Saturday, March 06, 2010

Hiromi





I have to give props to Crooks & Liars for turning me on to Hiromi.

I don't even know what to say about her playing, her style, her aggression, her appearance, her virtuosity ... I have never seen anything quite like this insofar as pianist are concerned.

I am afraid to show this to my grandson, who I tried to teach piano to when he was only 5 and was having a hard time. If he saw this then, he would have told me to "fuck off" as he would never be able to play like this!

Man, she is "da bitch" when it comes to piano!

2 comments:

Arno said...

ooo-WOW!

I love hearing and seeing musicians not only become the instrument, but the tune as well. That transcendental thing that every musician gets, from time to time, but to be able to do it at that level of skill is astounding.

Best music in town!

Carrie said...

Her relationship with her instrument is what I have always seen with the best guitarist that mimic the sounds, mouth the notes, and play with such vigor that you think they and their guitar are one. Hiromi is like that with her piano. She even played with her elbow! Damn!