Friday, February 26, 2010

Eva Cassidy, Live At Blues Alley

First of all, I've been stressed at work and have been not pleased with the political shenanigans occurring in our government of recent.

So, instead, I am focusing on Eva. My mom passed away in 2000 this week, and despite the fact that we were not close, a death, is a death, and most deaths are mourned.

I mourn Eva's death, because of her talent, and the early demise of her body and spirit.



The opening song on her Live At Blues Alley album. (ok spellcheck is somehow disabled, so forgive any mispellings, my bad!)

These are for Arno! Have a pint of Guinness and enjoy (throwing in a shot of Patron for the hell of it, homey!)

(Stormy Monday is the next song, which has already been previously posted).

Next song on the album ... Can't find a You Tube of Bridge Over Troubled Waters Same with Fine and Mellow. Man, you just have to get this album, cuz there's not a lot on YouTube.

At least we have song number five from Live At Blues Alley -- People Get Ready.



The next song, again, not available on YouTube ... Blue Skies.

Surprisingly, Tall Trees In Georgia is on YouTube.



Alas, the Fields of Gold is not on YouTube. Sigh.

At least Autumn Leaves is alive and well on the net.



Just in case you are are not following the post, I'm trying to put up the videos of the Live At Blues Alley recording Eva made...some songs are there and some are not. But I am putting them in order of recording on the album.

Next song on the album ... Honeysuckle Rose!



Ok, Take Me To The River not available.

At least What a Wonderful World is online!



Unfortunately, the last song on the album, Oh Had I a Golden Thread is not online, but hopefully, I've lived up to the legacy of Eva and introduced many of you to her, her talents, and her early unfortunate demise.

1 comment:

Arno said...

Made my day! Awesome!

I've spent much of my life in music --- bass guitar (average) and singing/harmonizing (better) --- and I'm curious about your musical experience...

Great post, thanks!