Sunday, January 31, 2010

Watching The Grammys?

I haven't watched the Grammys in years. But, thanks to technology, I streamed the live version blogging, so I knew who did what and when, before it was aired in my time zone.

I found it interesting, though, that the author of the live streaming was all negative on the live performances, even going so far as to claim it was all out of whack for the event, like everyone was trying to outdo one another, or show that they were "fierce."

Personally, I had to watch it just for the diss that was put on Lady Gaga's duet with Elton John. I mean, come on, you all know I'm a Gaga fan!

The diss was not felt here. I thought she sang unbelievably, and even played piano (get that, grandkid ... those lessons were not wasted, damn it). I liked their duet, as it made me appreciate Lady Gaga as an artist more than as a production number.

Beyonce's number was ok, she was definitely "fierce," but I don't think she had to prove it.

And give it up to Black Eyed Peas!!!!!! Man, they are always up to par.

Leon Russell and Zac Brown Band????? Goose bumps all around, and time for another shot of rum.

Stevie Nicks and Taylor Swift ... nice, but Swift was definitely nervous. (She was sort of flat in her notes on her performances). "You Belong With Me" is a well written and well performed song, for the record.

As for the Michael Jackson tribute... I am too choked up to comment. The shot of Beyonce rocking with her 3-d glasses was classic.

Of course, best way to catch my attention is to have Jennifer Nettles from Sutherland, singing with Bon Jovi! I hope she has the good sense to stay away from Richie, that two timing *0#^8_(*"

"Bridge Over Troubled Waters" was performed well by Andrea Bocelli, May J. Blige and introduced by Wclef Jean ... who amongst us hasn't felt the tragedy of Haiti.


Still smarting from the Les Paul tribute session.

Well, end of show coming up. Starting to drift (grins).

Ok, the hip hop set woke me up LOL. Eminem still gets my vote.

And you had no doubt Taylor Swift would win Album Of The Year? LOL.

Night.

No comments: