Friday, January 15, 2010

Sorry, Got To Get Over The Recent Cold

Laid up with another "bad cold." The problems with colds are that they just have to run their course. A cold is usually runny nose and then stuffy and congested lungs. Antihistamine's and decongestants are all that are usually required. No fever, no aches and pains, so no need for pain relievers, and no sore throat or coughing, so nothing in that area needed.

Problem is that when you combine the antihistamine's and decongestants on the levels needed to stop a cold, you get sleepy (don't believe those "stay awake" medicines, they don't keep you alert, damn it) so my cold pattern usually starts at about noonish the first day, so that when I get home, I just hit the bed and sleep for hours. I only wake up just to take more medicine. Second day, I am out of commission, so if it's a work day, I don't go to work. Third day, no need for medicine until evening and I can go to work, fourth day (tomorrow) should be the passer, and Sunday, I should show no signs of anything.

Unfortunately, I have a lot to say about the Haiti situation, but I have just not been strong enough to put together a coherent post when I've been under the weather.

Stay tuned for my take.

No comments: