Sunday, January 10, 2010

Oy, What A Game(s) I Saw Today!

Game two, the highest scoring post season game ever, and it started out as a blowout, with Arizona going 17-0 against Green Bay in the first quarter.

I thought it was going to be a repeat of Game one, which was definitely a full fledged blowout between the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots - playing in the Pats' stadium. The very first play in that game was an 80 something yards kick-off return by the Ravens. New England (and the dreaded Tom Brady arggghhhhh) couldn't do anything right, and the Ravens won by a score of 33-14. I hate Tom Brady and so of course, was rooting for his teams' defeat.

Next came the Arizona vs. Green Bay game. As expected, all were picking Green Bay, and while I had a little emotion vested in game one (ever since New England took out my Chargers a few years back in the playoffs, and all I heard of was Brady, Brady, Brady - Kind of like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" from a famous Brady family television show), I sort of was pulling for Arizona, for no apparent reason whatsoever. And, like game one, it started out like a reverse blowout, with Arizona taking advantage of Rodgers' many mistakes and scoring. Arizona was up 24-10 by the end of the first half, and I knew that if Green Bay got its shit together, they stood a decent chance of winning the game. It was their mistakes and Arizona's ability to capitalize on them that made them ahead at the half. The third quarter kept them even with a 14 point spread, with each team scoring twice, but the third quarter was where it got dicey, and Green Bay scored three times to Arizona's one time, thereby leaving the game tied.

Arizona's defense won the game by capitalizing on another Rodgers fumble, which was picked up by Dansby, who ran it 17 yards into the end zone for the win. 51-45! Wow.

I'm exhausted. Two jam packed games and I had the whole day to kick back and just watch them (having run all my errands yesterday, but having to miss the two wild card games). Well, at least my Chargers will not have to see Cincinnati, and will instead, host the New York Jets next Saturday.

I did find the time to clean the kitchen, do the dishes, and make a meatloaf (laughing). They are rebuilding the apartment complex next door that burned last year, and have been tearing up the cement and land where the garages used to be. I think that is why I am experiencing an outbreak of tiny black ants in my kitchen and bathroom. They are weird in that they lack any of the ant-like abilities. It seems though there are many of them that come in batches, they are "dazed" like, not running fast, not going for the obvious, like the garbage, and just simply running around on the top of my white porcelain kitchen sink, or in the bath tub or in my bathroom sink. Although I did find one lone ant on my living room wall, and a few on the bathroom floor, mostly they appear to be coming out of the wall from somewhere, I think that is because both my bathroom and kitchen walls face where the digging up of the ground soil has been going on.

I just put on the hot water and wipe them off the sink and then put a little scouring powder along the entry ports, which tends to hold them back. I hope the ants find a new resting place, and stop trying to invade my house!

No comments: