Friday, January 08, 2010

Family Time At Pershing Square Ice Skating


Not the best picture, but it was from my cell phone. My kid (who is a photography major in college, and FORGOT to recharge her camera's batteries) was unable to use her camera, so I had to resort to my cell phone, which was ok, except I tend to take blurry pictures, damn it!

It was funny watching Zaire skate ... he walks the skate. But for only three times on the ice, he's doing great. Even the skate monitors said he was good. Most of the people were clinging to the railing and walking. It reminded me of all those times I took my daughter to her hockey practice and had to watch the little kids (four years average age) learning hockey. I used to laugh so much I almost always had to pee! (true) The image of the little kid stepping (not skating) one foot at a time, in full hockey gear, which hell, the sweater came to the top of their skates for damn sake, and the helmets made them look like bobble heads (haha), and going in one direction and the puck passing them, and watching them slowly turn to face the puck only to have it seriously pass by them, and then they had to slowly turn around again to face the puck, which would, again, pass them. Ha ha.

My daughter played defense, and I hired a professional coach to train her in her backwards skating. Tonight, I noticed she has lost some of her skill, but the "dudes" that were monitors on the ice definitely noticed her (laughs). She needs to hit the ice a bit more ...

No comments: