Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SYTYCD - Russell Wins It All!

I am probably the queen of collecting all things Billy Vera & the Beaters, well, up until probably 1996, when I sort of outgrew them as a band. Still, I have lots of fun memories, lots of memorabilia, and one interesting video probably only Billy, David Frost and a handful of others have. At least I think it's David Frost .. I'll have to dig it out again and watch it.

But what sort of pissed me off at the time, is that of all the video they could have transferred his piece to, they taped it over probably the only appearance of Hollywood's famous Angelyne's appearance on the Morton Downey, Jr. show. She even gave a performance, which has been forever lost ... on my end. But, I still have the Billy Vera video (laughs).

Last night on So You Think You Can Dance, saw a nice piece performed to a Michael Buble version of "At This Moment."

Wowed me. Ah, the memories.



Randy, smack the wee wee damnit. Props to Ritchie, and Paula just doesn't get white soul ... which is what Billly is.

What I remember most about this song, is that Billy told me it was the first song he wrote that had no rhyme to it.

I find it interesting that it was again shown on the finale, as one of Nigel's favoriate pieces of the show.

UPDATE: Russell, the crumper, with no formal training, won the show, and personally, I was rooting for him. I knew Jacob would easily get work regardless if he won, but Russell, a crumper with no other experience, excelled at a pace never before seen in the six season of the show thus far.
What an amazing climax to a fabulous season!

Billy's version ...


No comments: