Monday, November 02, 2009

The Fall Classic 2009 - Phillies Make It 3-2, Heading Back To The Bronx



Picture courtesy of Rob Friedman

Phillies took tonight's game. They were ahead 8 to 2 going into the 8th, and I figured it was a no brainer. Then, all of a sudden it was 8 to 5. Bottom of the 8th did not help Phillies.

9th inning, and Yanks get another .... but finally, after what seemed like hours (not to mention my need to almost cry thinking about last night's loss), that elusive third out came, giving the Yanks a one game advantage in the series going back to the Bronx.

Chase Utley was DA BOMB tonight!

I am not a fan of the World Series still going on in November, though. To me, the "fall classic" is always held in October. They don't call Reggie Jackson "Mr. October" for nothing! And I should know, damn it! I am a Dodger fan!

No comments: