Saturday, October 24, 2009

Time For Pie In The Sky, RIP Soupy

Soupy Sales died Thursday. He was 83.

I remember watching his television show, where he was always getting hit in the face with a pie.



I had a microscope like that when I was a kid, and it had slides which we could put stuff on and look at, like dead ants, buggers, spit, etc.! My grandson wants to "experiment" and I told him to ask Santa for a science kit for Christmas. I remember the kit contained some harmless chemicals you could mix to make stuff change color, or bubble up. It came with glass tubes and other stuff.

I had a different video, which was x-rated, and pulled from YouTube, but it was funny. You know that door he always opens and wierd stuff happens that you don't see on camera. Well, this video had the music from the song "The Stripper" and he kept opening up the door and cracking up. Finally the camera panned around the door, and there was a naked lady shaking her titties at him! It was funny as hell, but got TOS'd, as they say in the internet world.

Soupy was hysterically funny to us kids and teens back when his show aired. He was silly, absurd, and often not working from a script, but winging it.



RIP, funny man.

1 comment:

Samantha K said...

Hopefully new comedians like Conan O'Brien will be able to take up the mantle after Soupy Sales... may he he rest in pie, i mean, peace!