Tuesday, June 09, 2009

David Carradine, RIP

I have wanted to do this tribute and RIP piece on David Carradine for a while now, but I have been flabbergasted how everyone on the "left" side of the political spectrum have just been silent on his death. I mean, if it is true that a huge percentage of bloggers (yes, it is true) are people like me, in the 40-60 age range, then we ALL have been affected by David's performance as Kwai Chang Caine in the television series Kung Fu.

Now, while I realize that there are circumstances surrounding his death that bring it into the sexual arena, and to the extreme level of weirdness of sex, but STILL, dudes and dudettes, this is the actor that brought us the famous term "grasshopper!"

Anyway, here are a few videos, and may you enjoy the experience.



Grasshopper



What I have found most interesting as that, yes, David Carradine was acting. At the time he did this series, he was not a practitioner of martial arts, or any other eastern philosophy ... he was, by all definition ... ACTING!

"Grasshopper, do you find mystery in the fire?"


RIP, David.

No comments: