Sunday, May 03, 2009

Problems With Posting

I was having a problem with putting up new posts after I posted the Buddah With Thousand Hands video. Everything I posted moved my sidebar to the bottom of the page!

I went to Blogger/Google help, and found someone else with the same problem. One guy who used to work for Blogger but eventually quit (out of boredom, I believe he said!) had a whole post on what could cause your sidebar to move to the bottom of the page. Since I had checked all the html codes in my settings and messed around with it a bit, having zero affect on my sidebar problems, one of the things he suggested was removing the last post (or reviewing it for some html missing tag). I decided to remove it (and save it for later reviewing) just because it was easier, and then put up a test post and, voila! Everything is back to normal.

Of course, I had quite a few posts, especially one that was very timely, regarding Ben Nelson -- I will probably put it back up today sometime, although it will now appear a tad old. Then I will try to figure out what was wrong with the Buddah post, and put that back up.

For now, I am just happy things are back to normal (grinning).

4 comments:

Bob said...

My experience is that the sidebar requires a minimum amount of width space to function as a sidebar, & if something in the post intrudes on that space the sidebar defaults to the bottom.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Yeah, that appears to have been the problem, but what it IS that intrudes is hard to find. I think of myself as HTML savvy, but I didn't think that the previous post would have had something wrong in it to cause all newer posts to fuck up. Thanks to Rob's blog, I was able to discover that a prior post could have caused the problem and once I deleted the prior post, everything returned to normal. YIPPEEE!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.