Thursday, May 21, 2009

Heidi and Benji

Opening day of So You Can Think You Can Dance, probably my favorite show (although I watch Survivor like a madwoman -- I still think the dance show is my favorite, as an ex-dancer).

A lot of videos from the years past are hard to put up and keep up online since they keep getting pulled by the YouTube police. I've posted a few of my favorites (like the "bench" dance by Heidi and Travis) but they all get taken down. A quick search of YouTube has someone's hand held camera version online, but it doesn't really show the intensity of the dance and the performance, when viewed from proper camera angles.

This is Benji and Heidi (who are cousins) in a competition they won a zillion years ago, but Benji won So You Think You Can Dance in Season Two, and Heidi was a runner up. Benji now does choreography for the show, as does Travis.




Obviously, it's apparent these two can not only dance, but have been dancing with each other for a long time.

Funny, my cousin Gary and I did some dance contests, and we won, back in the old disco era. All the girls in the family danced with Gary (ha ha ha). Hell, he'd even fight us for our clothes, damn him. And, no, he's not gay (why do people think that male dancers must be gay?)

No comments: