Sunday, October 12, 2008

October, The Sports Month

As I've said before, if you're a sports fanatic like me, you have to love October!

Clippers have better record than Lakers (it's only preseason); Chargers kicked NE's ass, Dodgers took it to the Phillies, and Kings are tied with Ducks for last place in their division!

October is the only month that all four major sports are in play. I had to watch the Charger game on TV with the sound muted, and listen to the Dodger game on the AM radio. Since hockey and basketball were in the beginning stages, I chose the Dodgers over either Lakers or Kings games on radio, and anyone who actually reads my blog knows I'm a Charger fan, and since they only play 16 games for a season, it was a no brainer that I was watching the Chargers on TV.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Watched the Dodgers game. That crowd was LOUD.

Carrie said...

The funny thing is, it is never loud at Dodger Stadium! I was listening to the game on the radio, and Orel Hershiser was one of the announcers on ESPN Radio, and he commented on the fact that the stadium was packed -- not like any usual game this time. It's an old joke that in Los Angeles the fans come to the game around the third inning and leave around the seventh inning. The guys even brought up the fact that in 1988, when the team was down in the ninth inning, if you watch the replays on television of Kirk Gibson's home run, you could see all the cars in the parking lot that were leaving, the tail lights go red as people slammed on their brakes and were probably thinking "damn, I can't believe I left the game early and MISSED THIS." So, it is a rare thing for us Dodger fans to see the stadium packed and hear the fans.

Now, San Diego Chargers fans, that's a different story. That stadium rocks, and it has probably one of the loudest fan base of all the football arenas (the Padres play there as well, but they don't draw like the Chargers do).