Saturday, October 11, 2008

America's Favorite Hockey Mom?



As a season ticket holder for the Los Angeles Kings* for more than 10 years during the Gretzky era, I have seen my share of ceremonial puck drops. The occasions are generally without the very loud music, because the person is pretty much liked by the crowd, which is why they were picked to do the puck drop in the first place. In addition, they tend to stay on the ice for a while, turning in four directions to wave to the crowd and have pictures taken.

It is quite obvious from this little video that the Philly fans were booing, and booing LOUDLY. They had to play music, and LOUD music over the boos. Plus, as soon as the puck was dropped, she was almost literally pushed off the ice!

So much for being the most famous hockey mom in America! And here, I thought the most famous hockey mom was the Sutter family mom, Grace Sutter.


*I was also a season ticket holder for the Ice Dogs, when the IHL was flourishing. Hell, I'm a sports pig, I had season tickets to the Dodgers and the Clippers (laughs).

No comments: