Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Gayer South Of The Border

I remember living in Portland, Oregon, and experiencing personally the "distaste" Oregonians have for Californians.

All I can say after today's ruling is "come on over!"

"You know, I'm wishing everyone good luck with their marriages and I hope that California's economy is booming because everyone is going to come here and get married," said Schwarzenegger, prompting laughs and applause, according to a
recording.

You've got that right, Mr. Governator!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I visited Oregon & asked someone about the state's distaste for people moving there, he asked where I was from. I said Jersey. He said, You can move here. You're not from California.

Also (this was 1976) I was smoking a doob in a doorway in downtown Portland, a cop came by & told me to go across the street to the college campus.