Thursday, February 14, 2008

2008 L.A. Marathon

My grandson, who is five years old, and I, are going to attempt to run one mile in the L.A. Marathon on March 2, 2008. It used to run right in front of my apartment building since he was two, and he'd want to run so bad, that we'd put a fake number on him and videotape him running a few blocks.

Last year, they changed the route (and don't EVEN get me started on that!) and after a lot of attempts to find the right spot for this four year old to try to "spontaneously" run, I promised him that "next year" grandma would run with him.

Well, "next year" is just a few weeks away. We'll most likely run the mile between Western Ave. and Normandie in Koreatown, and, for sure, we'll have video of it. For those that want to see my grandson's past runs, just check out MyYouTube site.

No comments: