Friday, March 23, 2007

Turning Out The Lights On A Traffic Stop

As many of you know, if you have followed some of my local posts, I live across the street from a major gasoline station.

Tonight, I noticed a police car pull up to a pump, and I thought to myself, "hey, cops don't fill up at the regular pumps, so what's up?" Then I noticed they were pulling over another driver, who was by now at the pump in front of them. Between the two, they blocked an entire four pumps. I know the guys working the station were pissed.

An hour later, and three cop cars are now there. I gather they are impounding the car, but if they were arresting the occupants, they would have handcuffed them and placed them in the back of the cruisers by now. I'm not sure why three patrol cars for what appears like a general "your tags have expired" type of tow situation.

Now, it's closing time, and I was wondering what the guys who work there would do. Sure enough, they turned out the lights on the cops! Ha ha ha.

UPDATE: All for naught, it appears. No arrests and no tows. Wonder what the ticket they were writing was for.

All's well that ends well, especially in Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stop watching the pigs and pay attention to that Budman person you talk about. Hmmm???