Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Anniversary Of The Last Throes Of The Insurgency

KING: When do we leave? [snip]

KING: You expect it in your administration?

D. CHENEY: I do.

KING: To be removed. It's not going to be -- it's not going to be a 10-year event?

D. CHENEY: No. I think we may well have some kind of presence there over a period of time. But I think the level of activity that we see today, from a military standpoint, I think will clearly decline. I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency. We've had reporting in recent days, Larry, about Zarqawi, who's sort of the lead terrorist, outside terrorist, al Qaeda, head of al Qaeda for Iraq, may well have been seriously injured. We don't know. We can't confirm that. We've had reporting to that effect.

Just because Dick Cheney says it, doesn't make it true. He has consistently spoke shit as if it were shinola. According to Dickie, he expects to see the troops out of Iraq sometime during his administration. According to Bush, “[T]he war began on my watch, but it’s going to end on your watch. Your generation will bring us victory in the war on terror.”

No comments: