Thursday, December 08, 2005

Imagine



It was 25 years ago today that Mark David Chapman brutally shot John Lennon in front of the Dakota in NYC.



He wasn't my favorite Beatle, during Beatlemania. After the break-up, I probably tended to enjoy Paul's upbeat pretty songs to John's more dark and mellow songs. But, something happend that December 8, back in 1980. I remember we were watching Monday Night Football, when the boys announced that John had just been shot. The mood became somber, and even though I was not all that into John, I started crying. And when the news came later that he had died, I can't tell you how horrible we all felt.

I think over the years, I've come to enjoy John's music a hell of a lot more than I do Paul's. I've even grown to like Oko! (laughing).

Tonite, as with all the other December 8's, I'll be hanging out at John's Star on the Walk of Fame, singing Give Peace A Chance with my fellow Lennon Lovers. See ya there.

No comments: