Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm Telling You ... Diary of the Food Whore rocks!

First you layer instant mashed potato flakes on the bottom. I use 1/2 a box. Then over that you pour 4 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. On top of that you do chunks of velveeta. I use an entire brick! Don't you just love the way Velveeta melts?"

"Ok so then on top of the velveeta you add 3 cans of lima beans, corn, and carrots. Wait! I don't mean 3 cans each. I mean one can of each, 3 total. Ok so where was I... oh! Ok so on top of the vegetables you layer chopped ham and then you cut up a cube of butter and drop that over the ham. And then you cook it on 275 all day or until the mashed potatoes bubble up from the bottom. Which is why it's a surprise! No one knows there are mashed potatoes in there! Isn't that fantastic?"

In unison, the entire crowd turned to look at me in anticipation of what I was going to say. And it took me a while. So many things were going through my head. The muscles in my neck were actually stiff from trying to desperately to keep my face from contorting into looks of shock, confusion, horror, and just general fear of what may come out of my mouth.

Oh you need to try it. Promise me you will at least try it!"

"I will try it, sometime. Perhaps in the Fall when it's cool outside."

"That would be perfect! I can't wait to hear your review. I plan to make it one of these days and I will bring you a sample."

Please let "...one of these days" be close to the time when Hell freezes over.


I feel that way a lot, about the Bush administration. Sigh.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Beats my Atomic Chicken con 'Veeta, which requires access to Yucca Flat test site.

Carrie said...

HAHAH. cleaning screen.