Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Stroll Down Memory Lane - The Lennon Sisters

Picture courtesy of Welk Music Family.

My musical muse growing up, was the Lennon Sisters. Probably not by choice, but because with only one television for a large part of growing up, my grandparents owned Sunday night (I think it was then) which included The Lawrence Welk Show. (Well, I didn't mind much because one of the dancers used to be on The Mouseketeers, Bobby Burgess, and just like the boys had a crush on Annette, I had one on Bobby).



The four sisters sang sweetly and with brilliant harmonies, and as such, my two cousins and my sister and I were forced, (cough cough) encouraged to sing like them. I can remember many times being trotted out to their "cocktail parties" and having to sing. I could say a lot more, but most of those involved have long left this existence. I was a fan of Janet, of course, because she was the youngest, and thus I related to her, even though she was ten years older than me. I remember reading a book as a pre-teen that was either written by her, or was about her.

For those that have no clue what I am talking about ... enjoy!

Sad Movies (Make Me Cry)


Twilight Time


Banana Boat Song

No comments: