Monday, June 20, 2011

Lady Gaga and Clarence Clemons



I know I am a little late on the bandwagon regarding Clarence Clemons death, but I do find it fitting that his last video is appearing with Lady Gaga's "I'm On The Edge."

I was a late bloomer fan of Bruce and the E-Street band, but I have always been on top of techno/disco/dance music. Gaga I had originally dismissed with her first song as very similar to the techno hits of the 1990's. But then, she continued, song after song, to hit the beat, as it were.

Sure, she has the ability to garner attention with her outrageous attire and push to the limits demeanor, like Madonna. But, unlike Madonna, Gaga can actually sing. And not just sing three notes, but fucking sing the shit out of a song. That bitch has a set of pipes, for sure. I am willing to bet a shitload of money that in the long run, Lady Gaga will still be around and an influence in pop culture that will far surpass Madonna.

RIP Clarence. Good for you to go out with the latest trend in music.

No comments: