Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Is Wrong With My Chargers????

I really don't understand the problems that the Chargers are having this season. The sacks, the fumbles, the blocked punts ... everything that is a football nightmare has happened to this team. They are down 2-4 in the standings, and are on the losing end of this game with New England, with sacks, botched kick-offs, and interceptions. And let's not get started on the overall penalties since the beginning of the season.

Yet, their stats in passing and some others, are rather phenomenal for a team that is sucking this bad thus far in the season.

4 comments:

Arno said...

There's hope on the way, in the form of my Titans. They're kind of Jekyll-and-Hyde and with Vince (He Who Is Not The Answer) Young hurt, you might get a reprieve this Sunday.
Did you catch Tony Bennett singing at the World Series? He sounds like a million bucks, in his eighties. I hope I can do that.

Carrie said...

You know I am a sports nut! Of course I saw Tony Bennett singing tonight. But, I am rooting for the Rangers, damn it! LOL.

Arno said...

Told ya. Argh.

Titans could have won that game if they hadn't taken their stupid pills before the game and penalized themselves into the ground. Meanwhile, Rivers caught fire and picked the Chargers off the ground. Exciting game! Time to kill the blues, hello glass...lol

An aside: when I was a little kid, I remember watching tv and seeing that the west coast was still dark when I was in early daylight and thinking, "Hey! Those people get to sleep late!". Then, in the evening, I'd be watching the news or a sports event and thinking, "Hey! Those people still have sunshine!" It seemed so unfair. :)

Here's another link, copy and paste again, and enjoy (yes, THAT Gene Clark and Doug Dillard) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_d05Mz-u4&feature=watch_response

Carrie said...

Well, lucky for you, you got to see it. Of the four games aired on television today, my Chargers, alas, were not among them. Fortunately, I do get their flagship radio station on my old AM radio, so I listened to the game. The Chargers, as usual, were sucking in the first quarter, but they did finally get up to speed. Still, what are they now, 5 and 3? LOL Getting ready to watch the baseball game.